Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic the Military Museum Scotland will be closed until further notice. The West Lothian branch committee have made the decision to cancel all West Lothian Branch meetings until further notice in line with the Museum. When we think of the average age of our branch members it makes sense to do this. If anyone needs anything help, or assistance please don’t hesitate to contact me or the committee. UBIQUE
Welcome to the website of the West Lothian branch of the Royal Artillery Association. We are a new branch which was established officially on the 9th July 2015.
We are actively recruiting new members to make the Branch somewhere for comrades young and not so young, to get together and share a few sandbags and hopefully keep the Gunner family strong in our area.
We meet every month at the Military Museum Scotland which is located at the Legion Hall, Louis Braille Avenue, Wilkieston, West Lothian, EH27 8EJ
Service Leavers & Veterans
West Lothian RAA is committed to supporting gunners past and present as well as their families. We have created a page on this site that will signpost you to various support agencies should you feel that you may need assistance. To find out what services are available click here
- The Royal Artillery CollectCollects are short formal prayers written for a particular purpose and said during church services. Regimental Collects usually contain a prayer for God’s blessing on the members of the Regiment and for the Regiment to do its duty according… Read more »
- Regimental TraditionsThe Royal Regiment of Artillery is the artillery arm of the British Army and has been in official service since 1716. Despite the name, the unit actually comprises several regiments…. Read more »
- The White LanyardThere has long been a tale about the Gunners wearing a white lanyard for cowardice, allegedly for deserting their guns. Of course, the story is nothing more than a myth…. Read more »
- VE Day-75Despite the VE Day-75 commemorations being cancelled due to the ongoing COVID-19 emergency, members of West Lothian Branch Royal Artillery Association took part in a virtual VE day parade. Members… Read more »
- Bangour Fishery 14th September 2019The usual suspects visited Bangour fishery on the 14th September 2019, and it definitely won’t be the last. Sandy, & Ian had a pretty good day. Neil didn’t exactly blank… Read more »